|About the book|
"A comprehensive work on the subject... the various issues have been worked out thoroughly and knowledgeably."
by Manoj Vaish President & CEO - India Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India Pvt Ltd.
"Touches all dimensions of futures and options trading, starting from basic concepts to sophisticated trading strategies, in a simple and lucid manner. I am sure that after going through this work, market participants will have a great understanding of this complex subject."
by MT Raju, Director (In-Charge), Indian Institute of Capital Markets, Mumbai "One can read this book like a novel...is interesting, informative, educative and fun because it focuses on conceptual issues and though provoking ideas on derivatives without involving the mathematical web".
by Chiraga Chakrabarty, Head-Research & Development & Training Multi Commodity Exchange, Mumbai
Part I deals with the nuances of the futures market, its terminologies, the uses of futures contract as an effective instrument for managing risk, pricing of futures, etc.
Part 2 introduces different technical aspects of options, It also elaborates extensively on the relationship between risk management and options.
Part 3 focuses on the process of innovation and illustrates how new financial products come into existence. It will help to analyze any complex product and to develop innovative structures for meeting the specific needs of market participants.
Special features of the book are:
* Focus on the Indian context * Complicated terminology of derivatives presented in an easy-to-read manner * Case studies to elaborate on the various theories and practices * Summary and questions at the end of each chapter This book will be useful to financial analysts, brokers and students pursuing courses related to finance.
|About the author|
Manish Bansal is currently Vice President with Citigroup India. Prior to this, he worked with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Mumbai, and Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI), Hyderabad. Manish has a diversified portfolio of experience as business manager, regulator and market developer, trainer, consultant and business analyst. Navneet Bansal is currently Director at the Equity Department in UBS AG, Hong Kong. Prior to this, he was Associate Vice President at the Institutional Derivatives Desk with Kotak Securities Ltd. He has also worked with the Bombay Stock Exchange, Mumbai (BSE), where he contributed to the introduction of equity derivatives in India.
|Table of contents|
Part I: Futures
1. Introduction to Derivatives
2. Trading Mechanizm of Futures Contracts
3. Uses of Futures
4. Futures Pricing
Part 2: Options
5. Basics of Options
6. Synthetic Positions and their Management
7. Basics of Options Pricing and Option Greeks
8. Perspectives in Options Trading
9. Option Spreads
10. Other Option Trading Strategies
11. Summary of Trading Stratgies on the Basis of market Outlook
Part 3: Financial Innovations
12. Introduction to Some Innovative Financial Products
13. Understanding Convertibles
14. Covered Warrants
15. Fresh Perspective on Existing Financial Products
16. Interest Rate Products
18. Other Innovative Ideas
19. Case Studies